Sunday, January 8, 2012

Taco Meat

Back in September when my hubby was in Bastrop I decided to cook (or at least partially cook) some meals ahead of time so we wouldn't have to eat dinner so late at night the following night.  I figured I would try and do the same thing again.


Tomorrow night we are having taco salad-which comes together really quickly, anyhow-but I figured it wouldn't hurt to gook my meat anyhow.  I chopped up a clove of garlic and half a huge onion with some ground beef.  We had half a tomato in the fridge so I chopped that up and threw it in, too.  Once the beef was mostly cooked, I added the taco seasoning and a bit of water.  After it cooked down, I put it in the fridge for tomorrow.  While this probably sounds pretty basic, I didn't use a taco seasoning packet.  A while back, I made my own taco seasoning mix.  I just googled "taco seasoning recipe", and there was no shortage of recipes available.  Most recipes call for about 10-15 spices, if I recall correctly, but all of the spices were ones we had on hand.  It was very simple to put together, cheaper than the packets, and easily able to be changed to my family's preference.  When I run out, I will make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment