Saturday, January 28, 2012

Planning for a Fast Food Day

I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again, but I follow the saying "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."  I knew that today I would be fed lunch at a youth training-and whatever they served me would be my lunch.  And I knew that after the event, we would be picking up fast food.  So I had to plan well for my weight loss.

For breakfast, I chose the lowest calorie option of my normal 3 breakfast options-oatmeal-so that I would have a little more calories later in the day.  Looks really appetizing, doesn't it-lol?  We stopped at Starbucks after we arrived in Denton, so I chose the green tea-unsweetened-which has virtually no calories.

For lunch I was expecting pizza-it tends to be the go-to answer for feeding large groups of students.  We were actually served Chick-fil-a sandwiches along with chips, cookies, and sodas.  I ate the sandwich, and then ate an apple and water I had brought with me for just such an occasion.  I am glad I prepared ahead!  Later I was getting hungry, so I ate a 100 calorie pack of peanut butter crackers that I had brought with me.  Again-I am very glad I planned ahead.

For dinner we ended up stopping at Jason's Deli.  They have a whole section of the menu with lighter options, and it lists the calorie count right on the menu for these options.  So I ordered a half of one of those sandwiches, along with a cup of chicken noodle soup.I am pleased that at the end of the day I came in at just under 1200 calories.  I never would have expected that to be possible, but I keep proving to myself over and over that if I just plan a little bit, it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment