Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Day of Creative Failures

Sometimes I try things out, and, well, they just don't work out.  Today I tried two different things-making another type of scarf out of a t-shirt, and a cilantro lime chicken.  Neither turned out.  Bummer!  Don't worry-I don't feel too bad-they were not creations of my own, but rather, things I saw online and wanted to try.


My first bout of creativity was the fringe scarf.  I found this tutorial on a blog I follow.  I like the scarf in the picture online.  I also have a co-worker who I have seen wearing one that I like.  I don't know why I don't like it.  Perhaps it's because I opted for a shirt with a design rather than a solid color.  Or it might be because the type of t-shirt it was has two seams going up the sides.  Or maybe the t-shirt itself was too small.  Or perhaps, it was just a combination of all three.  Regardless, I have no plans to wear this one.  I'm sure it will be in the trash soon enough.


The next thing I tried that was not-so-great was dinner.  I figured I should see what was in the freezer that needed to be used up, and I found 2 cornish game hens.  I was looking for a crockpot recipe for the game hens that I liked, but couldn't really find any, but I did find a recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken that looked good-and we just happened to have fresh limes and cilantro that needed to be used.  I combined the 2 recipes (cornish hen recipe for the cooking method and chicken recipe for the ingredients), but was not pleased with the results.  The lime was over-powering.  It was edible, and we ate it, but I won't cook it again.  My hubby sprinkled some fajita seasoning on his to help with the taste factor.


Maybe next time I will have better luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment