Sunday, September 18, 2011

Planning Ahead

A friend of mine frequently prepares dinner the night before, and then calls her son when she is leaving work and has him put it in the oven so it is ready when she gets home.  Since my hubby will be in Bastrop assisting with disaster relief this week and I will be cooking dinner, I thought this sounded like a good idea to get me through the week.  Or at least Monday-we'll see how it goes!

Tonight I made chorizo mac & cheese.  We had bought some chorizo for breakfast tacos back in January when we hosted a youth group at our house while in town for a service project.  The portion we didn't use has been in the freezer ever since, and so I figured I should use some of it.  I searched the foodgawker site for chorizo recipes, and came across this recipe.  I figured it would be a good candidate for the whole make-the-night-before idea since it is cooked on the stove, and then baked.  All I would have to do is skip the baking step tonight.  I'll let you know how it turns out, and tell you about the changes I made to the recipe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment