Friday, January 6, 2012

Omelet Turned Scrambled Eggs

I love omelets-they taste great, and have a wonderful presentation.  Yesterday at work on my lunch break, one of my co-workers was talking about omelets, and I thought they sounded good-it was something I haven't had in a while.  Normally if I eat an omelet, it is because I either order one at a restaurant, or my hubby makes me one.  You see, I have not yet mastered the art of omelet making.


This morning I decided would be my successful time for omelet making.  I watched 4 youtube videos on making the perfect omelet.  However, I was unable to to replicate what the experts had done!  I did saute my fillings first like recommended in one of the videos (bacon, tomato, onion, spinach, and garlic) before starting the omelet itself.  I added milk to the egg mixture like another video suggested.  I used medium heat like each of the videos.  I think my problem was using 4 eggs in the smallest skillet we had-it was just too thick.


Thankfully I was just making breakfast for myself and my youngest son-so while the taste was great (I will definitely use the same filling), the presentation didn't matter too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment