Friday, January 13, 2012

Making 1200 Calories and Regular Exercise Work

I remember some things from last time I lost weight-like how to eat to keep my calorie count low-which will be really helpful.  I have to keep things in perspective in reference to  counting my calories.  There are some things about my lifestyle that I have no control over.  I can use those as an excuse, or accept them and make them fit into my diet.


For one, I am a Youth Pastor's wife, which means we have lots of events where the food being served is youth friendly-like the pizza we were served last night, for example-or the burgers we're having tonight.  One of the phrases that kept me going last time I lost weight was "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."  So when I know we have an event, I adjust what I eat for my other meals.  It's do-able; it just takes planning out my meals, and checking restaurant websites  before I go so I know what to order.  Doing this isn't always "fun", but it works.


Another difficulty is my work schedule.  I work 10 hour days, plus I spend 2 hours commuting everyday-which means that by the time I get home from work, we rush to eat dinner, relax a little while, and then it's just about time for bed.  This leaves little to no time for exercise.  I moved the Gazelle back into the living room, though, in hopes that on some work days I will spend at least 30 minutes exercising while I watch tv.  Again-this is not something I "want" to do, but it is necessary for me to lose weight.


I also prefer to exercise in the morning when I have more energy-but I am not willing to wake up at 4:15 to do it.  It's all about choices.  I am choosing to lose weight, and so I have to plan a time to exercise that works best-even though I don't prefer it.  I saw a phrase the other day that I hope will help keep me motivated to exercise, "No matter how slow you are, you're still lapping everyone on the couch."


Today I took my measurements and weighed myself.  I am ready to see the numbers go down!  Keeping a log of this regularly will help keep me motivated, too.  I am ready to lose 60 pounds-one pound at a time: one meal at a time, one workout at a time.  But I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment