Monday, January 23, 2012

A Low Goal For A Reason

Several people have told me that 1200 calories is too low a number to try and maintain everyday.  While this may be true, I still like having that goal for one main reason-when I overdo it, I haven't gone completely overboard.  There are occasions when we have a big lunch and a big dinner in the same day.  Or when a high calorie food really tempts me and I give in.  Because I have a low calorie goal for the day, when I go over, it isn't in the 2000's, it only ends up being in the 1300 or 1400's.  Yesterday and today were both days like that-I ended up with 1314 calories yesterday, and 1240 calories today.  And while I did go over my daily calorie intake, it is not so high over that it will prevent me from weight loss.  I acknowledge that there are going to be days that I go over, but they are simply one day, or one meal, and nothing is lost.  I still exercise, and I still pick back up right where I was the next meal.

1 comment:

  1. You are right! Better to aim low and get a little off than to have no goal at all and totally shoot from the hip. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete