Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Diet Has Started

I have heard the phrase "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired," and that is an accurate assessment of how I feel today.  I feel continually run down and  exhausted.  My clothes don't fit, and I am very unhappy with the way I look.  This morning when I got up, something finally "clicked".  I am starting today!  My goals for today are to drink 8 glasses of water, and to eat 1200 calories.  I have a very full day ahead, so there will be no time to exercise, but tomorrow I will begin my exercise program (running/walking).


Food-wise, breakfast and lunch will be easy: oatmeal (at 130 calories), and canned soup (at 260 calories).  Dinner will be more difficult, but I am determined!  We are attending a meeting tonight with our youth group, and pizza will be served for dinner.  Pizza is generally at least 300 calories per slice, so I realize that I need to plan ahead.  I am going eat an apple (80 calories) before we go so that I am mostly full when I arrive, and then I will have one slice of pizza. That should leave me over 400 calories to use on whatever else they might be serving.


I am ready for a new, energetic me!

No comments:

Post a Comment