Thursday, January 5, 2012

UHF

Today as I was walking down the stairs at work, I noticed a spot on the tile that needed to be mopped.  My mind immediately went to an old movie, UHF (from 1989), where the character Stanley Spadowski (played by Michael Richards who was later made famous as Kramer on Seinfeld), the janitor goes off about his mop.  I had to look up the quote, of course.  (Why does my mind wander so much?)


This is my new mop. George, my friend, he gave me this mop. This is a pretty good mop. It's not as good as my first mop. I miss my first mop, but this is still a good mop.


After work I told my hubby that I had been thinking about that movie, and he pulled it up on Netflix to watch.  It is such a funny movie!  The run-down of the movie is this:  George Newman (played by Weird Al) and his buddy got fired from their job (yet again), and so his uncle hires him to run an old UHF television station.  The station is about to go under, but with the help of a funky janitor (Stanley Spadowski), they are able to turn the station around.  It is 80's humor at it's best!


No comments:

Post a Comment