Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation Day 4

Another fun day!  The hubby and I headed to Austin for the day and overnight, and let the boys enjoy time with the grandparents!  Here are some pics of what we did:

Our hotel was not too far from the State Capital.  So pretty!
Lunch at the Clay Pit.  We just love Indian food.  This place was excellent!
Just south of Austin in Buda is a Cabela's.  Here is a display of the stuffed bears there.
They had a safari section as well.
Huge catfish in the aquarium section:
There is a candy store inside Cabela's.  I thought this fudge flavor was creative.  The hubby enjoyed roasted cashews, and I enjoyed a nice, hot cup of coffee.
Of course, we each had to take turns in the "shooting range".
Dinner was at Fado's, our favorite Irish restaurant.  My hubby's had bangers and mash-which is probably my favorite meal there.
I had the corned beef and cabbage.  Delish!
After dinner, we walked around the warehouse district.  They have a neat little music store that we like there.  I found this neat guitar there!
After dinner we enjoyed what Austin has to offer-lots of live music!  We walked probably about 5 miles, which was good-helped us burn some calories! Such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment