Thursday, August 11, 2011

Did Someone Say Rain?

Shortly after lunch today, one of my co-workers came to my office and told me that rain was on its way!  We are in severe drought right now and I don't know the last time it rained-perhaps a month or two ago.  I suddenly was filled with energy!  I went outside, and the wind was blowing, there were storm clouds overhead, and I could smell the rain!  I was prepared to clock out early just so I could play in the rain when it came.

I believe yesterday was day 40 for 100°+ temperatures.  42 days is the record for the North Texas area.  I checked weather.com, and the current temperature was 97°.  I wonder if the temperature dropped, or if we won't beat the record.  The temperature kept dropping.  The lowest I saw was 79°!  It doesn't even get this cool at night!

Facebook was exploding with friends posting status updates about the weather.  Even pictures were posted:

And then, almost as quickly as it appeared-it all disappeared.  The wind stopped.  The sun came back out.  The beautiful smell of rain vanished, too.  The temperature started rising back toward the triple digit area.  It was such a disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment