Friday, August 5, 2011

Couch to 5K Week 4 Has Begun

Last week during my run, I had the feeling that I wasn't being pushed enough, and there was no way that I would be ready for a 5K at the end of the 9 weeks.  I am not sure why I felt like I wasn't being pushed enough, since I also felt that I couldn't possibly run for any longer lengths of time without a walking break.

Fast forward to today:  Day 1 of Week 4.  I am still a bit concerned that I won't be ready for a 5K at the end, but at least I feel like I am pushing forward!  Today's run was hard!!  I had two segments that were five minutes each, along with two three minute segments.  It was also hard since I stayed up late last night and didn't get up until nearly 8:00 and the sun was already beating down hard (today's high is expected to be 108, and it is already well on its way to that).  The one thing that I always look for in my run when it is hot is water sprinklers running in my neighbors yards.  I run on the sidewalk by their house just to get sprayed on my legs a little.  Most people that water in the morning do so before 8:00, so it was harder to find that today.  


Once again, I feel like the program is pushing me to run as hard as I can!  And the bit of anxiety that I have about not being ready for the 5K-I will be finished with this program about a month before the actual 5K, so I can work on that later as needed.  I am pumped for my run Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment