Friday, August 19, 2011

C2 5K Week 6

Today I began week 6 of Couch to 5K.  I had said that I was going to try something different to improve my speed because I felt like I was running too slowly.  Up until this week, though, I had been following the plan based on the time the instructions said to run and walk for.  I figured I could give it another few weeks running the distance it suggested instead.  Today, the distance was 2.25 miles.  It involved running 1/2 mile, walking 1/4 mile, running 3/4 mile, walking 1/4 mile, and running the last 1/2 mile.

My youngest found out I was running a 5K and wants to join me, so he came along for my run.  Or, maybe I should say I went with him.  Had we been on a track, and not in our neighborhood, he probably would have lapped me at least twice-yet, another reminder about how slowly I run!  It took me 37:06 to complete my run/walk.  Just like my last run-I am so proud of myself for completing what I have done, but I feel so inadequate in the speed that I produce.  I hope I don't embarrass myself when I run this 5K!  I have sooo much more training to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment