Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3 Days Worth of Meals

After a week and a half of trying new recipes, and being eager to do great things, my creativity has worn out.  At this point I just want the easy and simple.  And that is exactly what I found!

Sunday, after a lunch of leftovers, I made a Mexican dip from a recipe that I got my a friend at work.  It was so simple to make!  I friend up a pound of ground beef with some onion, and then drained and rinsed it.  I put the ground beef back in the pan and added a large can of cream of mushroom, a can of rotel, and a can of pinto beans.  Once it boiled for about 5 minutes, I took it off the heat and added some shredded cheese and stirred it in.  We had some corn tortillas in the fridge, so I sliced them and fried them up for some yummy hot tortilla chips.  It was a delicious meal, and the boys were excited because they got to eat chips for dinner!

Sunday night we had some chicken breasts that I boiled with some celery and then sliced/shredded.  I put it in the fridge, and saved the broth, too.  Monday night was so simple-I got 2 small packages of chicken flavored egg noodles, and cooked according to the package directions, other than using the broth that I had in place of some of the water.  When it was about 2 minutes from being finished, I added the shredded chicken.  Yum!  Easy and delicious!  After it was finished I realized that I had forgotten to cook a vegetable.  My boys informed me that they could see bits of orange (carrot) and green (beans?) in the noodle mix, so they were sure that counted !

Tonight the plan was taco salad-simple!  Make some taco meat with beans, add lettuce and chips, and it's done.  The plan didn't happen.  I bought ranch style beans instead of kidneys, so I didn't want to use those.  I settled on using my leftover Mexican dip instead-I just stirred it in with the ground beef and taco seasoning.  Then I discovered the salad had turned brown, so I ended up just serving nachos.  I fried corn tortilla chips again, topped with the meat mixture, shredded cheese, and taco sauce.  It was yummy, but I feel bad for not having a vegetable again.

I'll have to make up for that...well, who knows when?  My hubby's flight is tonight, and he will be back! It's been a long 2 weeks, but I survived cooking without having sandwiches for dinner the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment