Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Celebrate or Criticize?

Today is one of those days where I should be celebrating my milestone, but can't work up the enthusiasm because of failure in other areas.

Reasons to celebrate:
1. I made it through 5 weeks of Couch to 5K this morning!
2. This means I ran 20 minutes continuously without walking!  (Which, by the way, is pretty good-when I have run with other plans in the past it has taken me 8 weeks to accomplish this.)

Reasons to criticize:
1. It took me 20 minutes to run 1.1 miles.  That is as slow as slower than some people walk.
2. I had lost 9 pounds, but have gained 4 back because my eating has been out of control.

What this all means:
1. I have finally made a habit of running again, which is a major accomplishment.  I am glad to finally have found motivation.
2. I am pushing myself harder than I have in the past, and as a result I have reached my running goal quicker than in the past!  Yippee!
3. While Couch to 5K has been wonderful in terms of getting me running, now that I can run 20 minutes continuously, it is time for me to search for a way to increase my speed through a different program.
4. I desperately need to get back on track with eating right.

I will allow myself to celebrate, but only with the knowledge that I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment