Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Team Roping

Tonight after work, I met my husband and we went out to eat.  When we got back to pick up his truck, the team ropers were gathering and getting ready to start practice.  It's been some time since I have watched ropers in action, so we decided to stay and watch for a while.

First, they corralled the the steers.

Then the cowboys lined up.

And then practice began.

I really enjoyed watching, although I had no desire whatsoever to get on a horse. What impressed me most was a 4 year old girl out practicing riding her horse.  She appeared to have complete control over horse and rode him all over the arena.  My camera has no zoom lens so I couldn't get a picture of her.  Amazing!  I was told that when she turns 5 she is going to start barrel racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment