Friday, August 19, 2011

Easy Beef Stroganoff

I almost wasn't going to blog about lunch today, but then I figured I might as well-if nothing else, then at least I can find the recipe later.  It is the Friday before school starts for the boys so we have had a busy morning-sports physical, withdrawal paperwork from the old school, pick up schedule from the new school, and other similar stuff to prepare for Monday.  When I got back to the house, my first thought was the simple-grilled cheese sandwiches.  But, tonight's dinner will be hot dogs at the oldest sons school.  And I did promise myself that I would cook one "real" meal everyday.  Thankfully I had pulled some ground beef out of the freezer last night, but I didn't have any specific recipe in mind.  I checked the cabinet, and no spaghetti sauce, but I found some egg noodles, and remembered when we bought them, we had picked up some sour cream, too, for stroganoff.

After a quick internet search, I found a recipe that didn't use cream of mushroom (it's not a staple at our house) at allrecipes.com.  As usual, I made my own changes based on what we had in the house, and what I felt like improvising.  I left out mushrooms, added garlic, and left everything in the pan together rather than cooking the onion first, and adding it back to the pan later.  It came out pretty good-although I didn't add enough salt.  Both boys liked it, and it is something that I would very possibly make again.  The picture below is from the recipe's website; I didn't take a picture of my finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment