Saturday, August 20, 2011

How Exactly Do You Use An Air Compressor?

The older I get, the harder it is for me when my husband is gone for extended periods of time.  He was gone for months for basic training, and over a year when he was deployed to Iraq.  You would think I have the hang of this by now.  Before he left, my mindset was, "I got this!  Two weeks-no problem!"  But, here I am on day 3 of him being gone to Haiti, and I've already had a melt down!  I never realize how much he does for me because I just don't know how.

I already had a frustrating morning dealing with getting the boys stuff for back-to-school (we normally do this together) trying to choose between the needs and the wants (at this point, they just get needs until after another payday).  Grrrr...on the verge of tears, I came back to the house, just in time for Round 2.

The youngest sons bike tire was flat last week, so we purchased a patch for the tube, and the hubby patched it.  Unfortunately, there must be an additional hole somewhere because the tire was flat again this morning.  No problem-he could just use my bike the first week of school-but it too had a flat tire (it hadn't been used over the summer).  The good news is I watched my hubby airing up the bike tire with his air compressor, so I would know what attachment to use and where it was located in the event I needed to use it while he was away.  The bad news was, I couldn't get the attachment onto the hose.  And I felt the pressure-he had to have a bike for the first day of school.  Okay, this time I did have a meltdown.  Why couldn't I just figure out how to use this thing?  In my frustration, I prayed to God to make this work out for me.  As soon as I was done praying, youtube came to mind.  So I went to youtube and searched "air compressor how to".  Amazing!  There was a series of videos on "How To Use an Air Compressor"!  And there was a specific video on "How to Connect An Air Compressor" from a group called Expert Village.  Woo hoo!  This made my day!

Here is the wonderful, quick and simple video that saved my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment