Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Bracelet That Wasn't Meant To Be?

I have been trying to make a safety pin bracelet for a week now.  I picked up the safety pins and some silver-ish pearls to use, and I already had some elastic from the button jewelry I made a few weeks back.

After I put the pearls on, I realized I didn't have enough, so I went back to get another packet.  They were out, so I picked up some red beads.
I re-did the beads on the safety pins in a new pattern, and got ready to string them.  First I strung one end, separating each safety pin with a pearl.
I really like the looks of the bracelet as it is coming together, but the elastic isn't the greatest.  I am having the same trouble as I did with the last project-it is thin, stretches a bit too much, but doesn't feel very strong.  I re-strung it with thread, but that of course, doesn't stretch  at all, and I am afraid it will break on me.  I found a piece of thicker, stronger elastic, but couldn't get it threaded on the needle.  After looking at more pictures of safety pin bracelets online, I think I will remove the beads that go between each of the safety pins, which will eliminate the need to thread the elastic on such a tiny needle (and maybe even eliminate needing a needle altogether).  But I am done for today!  I have stopped and started this project one too many times, and it has me a bit frustrated at the moment.  I'll finish it soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment