Saturday, November 26, 2011

My First Workout On The Gazelle

I woke up this morning before the sun came up, but decided that I wanted to run rather than use the Gazelle.  I tend to be a creature of habit, and don't really care for trying new things so I figured I would put off trying out the Gazelle for a few days.  I rolled over and went back to sleep (the joys of being on Thanksgiving break!) and woke up about an hour later and noticed the sun peaking through the mini-blinds.  It was time!

As I stood up, though, I noticed some minimal pain in my right foot, and I decided that maybe the Gazelle would be better for me in terms of not making that pain any worse.  So I pulled on my shoes, turned on Monk, and started my stop watch.  I was amazed at how quickly 20 minutes passed because I had the distraction of the tv.
I was also impressed with the way I could feel the machine working my muscles.  While I wasn't trying to use my arms to push the handles, I could feel them being pushed-an awesome benefit since when I normally run, my arms obviously don't get a workout at all.  I also felt my upper legs and butt getting worked-and while I am used to that when running, it felt like they were worked more than while running.  I am really excited about having the Gazelle, and think it will be a big help to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment