Friday, November 4, 2011

Crackled Nails

As I was exploring pinterest this week, I found these cute nails, and the instructions seemed simple enough-just print out a pattern on your printer (it said they used a laser printer, but an ink jet may work-I used an ink jet), 

apply a base color to your nails, 

wet your nails with alcohol, 

and then press the pattern to your nails.  Unfortunately, this method did not stick to my nails.  Apparently it only works with laser printers.

But my nails were white-I had to do something!  So I found another blog-this one written in French.  I pulled what little of French I could remember from my high school days out of my memory and read the blog as well as I could.  It was the same basic idea, only it used newsprint.  I tried this method as well-and nothing stuck!  Apparently my French is terrible!  lol

Finally, I did a google search for designs for fingernails, and I came across a crackle nail polish.  I am sure it has been out for years, but I have never noticed it.  It is new to me.  I found some at a dollar store for $2 in blue:
 I couldn't believe how instantaneously this stuff dried.  And it looks great!  Even on one of my fingers where I smudged the white polish, it looked great!  Apparently this stuff LOVES imperfections!  I need to get some other colors!  I finished it off by applying a clear topcoat-love this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment