Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jambalaya

For about a year, we lived about as close as you can get to Louisiana, while still being called Texas residents.  It was about a 5 minute drive to the border.  During that time, I developed a love for all things creole.  Red beans and rice, gumbo, jambalaya.  Yum!  And when the weather starts cooling off a bit, I really get in the mood for it-it's almost too hot to eat in the summer.

I had pulled some chicken out of the freezer this afternoon, and was trying to figure out what to make with it.  I had seriously considered chicken pot pie, but knowing we will almost certainly have leftover turkey after this coming Thursday, turkey pot pie will more than likely cross our table, and I don't want to be burnt out on it before the fact!  Then my hubby suggested jambalaya.  We were going to have to go to the grocery store anyhow to pick up vegetables, so we could just pick up some shrimp, ham, and andouille sausage while we were there.

Yum!  It was a good call-my hubby makes the best food!

No comments:

Post a Comment