Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tomato Soup

Today I used a personal day and stayed home from work so that I could be here for the repairman to fix our hot water heater.  I spent the morning doing a lot of things that have needed to be done for quite some time:  cleaned out the car, a couple closets, and got some stuff organized.  By the time lunch came around I was super hungry!  I made a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich, and some tomato soup.  I wasn't raised on tomato soup, and it's not something my hubby eats either, but I have been served it at different functions over the past couple years, and I like it.  Several people have told me how good it is with grilled cheese, so I figured it would warm me well and go with my meal.  I did a quick google search for a recipe, but didn't find any that included the ingredients I had at the house-and I was stuck at the house waiting for the repairman!  I figured I would just make up my own recipe.

15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup 1% milk
1 tsp margarine
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp basil

All of those amounts except the tomato sauce are approximate, I just poured.  It's easier that way!  Anyhow, I just poured it all in a saucepan and let it boil for a few minutes.  Yum!  So easy, and it hit the spot!  I forgot to take a picture until it was all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment