Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chili!

The past 24 hours have been a little-well, chaotic.  But I'll get to all that.  Over the weekend we had noticed that Tuesday night the low temperature was supposed to get down into the lower 40's, so we bought everything we needed to make chili.  There are only very few reasons I look forward to colder weather, and chili is one of them.  I had been thinking about my hubby's chili all day long, but as I pulled into the driveway after work, I immediately knew something was wrong.  My hubby was outside in the front yard on his hands and knees over the water shut off.  Our hot water heater had sprung a leak at some point during the day, and now everything in the garage was covered in water.  I knew this meant there would be no time to make chili.  We rushed around getting stuff dried out, and moved out of the way for quite some time.  We decided to go out to eat-it's not like we had any hot water to do dishes with anyhow!  Since I was already in the mood for chili, we headed over to Wendy's to satisfy my craving.  It certainly wasn't my hubby's chili, but it did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment