Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

This week as I was browsing Pinterest, I discovered a recipe for a Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring.  It looked really good, so I pinned the recipe, but honestly, never thought I would get around to making it.  I don't generally make breakfast other than toast or cereal.  I am usually rushed in the morning, and taking the time to cook just takes too long.  But when we were at the grocery store yesterday, I grabbed 2 cans of biscuits.  So this morning I set my alarm 30 minutes earlier than usual, and got up in time to make breakfast.

The recipe was really simple.  It took about 5 minutes of prep work, and then baked for 20 minutes.  It turned out so good!  My youngest asked if I could make it again Thanksgiving morning, and my oldest agreed, too.

Here it is right out of the oven.
I was really nervous about this step...
Beautiful!  I was impressed with how great it looked compared to the time it took.
We didn't waste any time digging in...
I followed the recipe pretty closely.  Since we buy the brown sugar in pre-measured packets, I used 1/2 cup instead of 1/3 cup.  I also used the optional walnuts.  Here is the recipe from the All Things Delicious blog:

2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/2 C. syrup
1/3 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C. chopped pecans, opt.
1/4 C. chopped almonds, opt.
Spray a fluted pan with non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired). Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top. Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring. Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.  Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and enjoy!

1 comment: