Saturday, November 26, 2011

Preparing a Letterbox

SPOILER ALERT:
With my free time this weekend due to the Thanksgiving holiday, I had time to prepare a couple letterboxes.  First I carved the stamp by starting off with finding the right size.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of this carve in process.  I do have pictures of another carve in process you can check out here, though.
Next I need to get ready to paint the box.  Some people use camo duct tape, but paint seems much simpler.  This particular paint is made to stick well to plastic.
Here are my containers.  I don't go for the expensive kind, although I am sure most letterboxers would shake their head in disagreement with that decision. 
Lay them upside down, and spray with paint... 
...and then let them dry. 
I buy small non-lined notebooks at dollar stores.   I don't make my own, which (again) I am sure many letterboxers probably don't like.  But I don't see the point in spending that much time on paper that will just sit outside in the elements.
I do buy good Ziploc brand freezer bags.  These are pint size, and seem to work really well.  The cheap ones won't last long, and will have to be replaced frequently.
Here is the bag all put together, and ready to be placed in the letterbox. 
Now it is ready to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment