Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rag Bracelets

I keep surprising myself by not only being interested in craft projects, but also by actually making things.  With my new found preoccupation with pinterest, I keep finding little projects that look simple, so I try them, and they actually work out.  Since I am successful, I tend to want to try other things.  The latest interesting thing I found was Rag Bracelets found at the itsahodgepodgelife blog.  The online tutorial explained it simply, and it seemed easy enough.

Of course, since I am not a "crafter", I didn't have any fabric or thread at my house, so I had to get some.  I found this really neat looking fabric for 99 cents...it was just a little larger than a bandana.  The bad lighting makes the color look off.  It is a true red with some orangish-red designs.

I cut several strips off the end, and wrapped the ends around some hair ties.  I made sure to look for large hair ties, since wearing normal ones around my wrist are just way too tight to begin with.  I also bought some matching red thread to keep the fabric in place.  It was so simple!  Certainly not perfect-but that wasn't what I was going for!  I wanted something that would be forgiving to my imperfections, and I certainly found the project for that!  Here is my finished product!  I can't wait to wear them this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment