Monday, March 12, 2012

Meatballs

A while back I came across a recipe for meatballs on The Pioneer Woman's blog.  I pinned it on my pinterest page for future reference.  We just so happened to have some ground beef in the fridge that needed to be cooked this evening, so I pulled out the recipe.  Normally when I think of meatballs I am thinking about the kind that goes with spaghetti in a marinara sauce.  But these are more like meatloaf.  Yum!  I got them ready and poured the sauce over  them, but then I just covered them in foil, so tomorrow all I have to do is pop them in the oven.  Here's hoping they turn out great!
Here is a picture of mine before putting them in the fridge, and the recipe from the blog (one minor change-I left out the tabasco):



Recipe: BBQ Meatballs

  |    |    |  

FOR MEATBALLSIngredients

  • 1-1/2 pound Ground Beef
  • 3/4 cups Oats
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper, to taste
  • _____
  • FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
  • 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)
  • Canola Oil
  • _____
  • FOR SAUCE
  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
  • 4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) Onion
  • 1 dash Tabasco

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.
Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.
Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty French bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment