Sunday, March 4, 2012

Church Ministries Convention

I love being a part of a church that sends its workers to get training in their particular area of ministry!  Yesterday a group of 20 of us participated in a church convention that had workshops to take in a variety topics from media to childrens to youth to music, and even more beyond that.  I took mostly youth-related courses.  I started the day with campus missions, which was a good re-cap of the full day Together Training I went to about a month ago.  Next was a general session, and then my hubby and I headed to the cafeteria for lunch.  I tried to be healthy...
 In the afternoon, I attended a training on called "Building Relationships with Girls" in reference to teenage girls.  One of our youth sponsors attended this session with me.


Next I went to a class on transitions, and helping teenagers transition from high school to college while still maintaining their relationship with God.  There was a lot of great information in this session.  For the last session, there was only one youth-related session which I had attended before, so I stepped in on a session one of my friends was teaching on keeping your marriage and family strong while in ministry.


Overall, it was a wonderful day, and I think all of our group that attended got a lot out of the training sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment