Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Date at Romano's

Tonight my hubby took me out on a date to Romano's Macaroni Grill.  Romano's is probably our favorite Italian restaurant.  The food has never disappointed, and the service is normally great-you can tell the waitstaff is well-trained.  There is a special running right now, "Italian for 2"- you get 2 tapas (appetizers, for those of you who, like me, had no idea what that meant), and 2 entrees for $25.  This is a real deal-normally we spend at least that on just entrees.


First our waitress brought out a loaf of herb bread for us, along with some olive oil and dipping spices.  Being on a diet, I chose just a small piece of bread, and decided to save my calories for what was about to arrive.  For our appetizers, we chose Goat Cheese Peppadew Peppers and Spicy Ricotta Meatballs.  I had to take a picture of both of the appetizers because of the presentation-food is so much more fun to eat when it is arranged so pretty on the plate.

I followed up with the best entree calorie-wise I saw on the menu:  Pollo Caprese, which consisted of a grilled chicken breast, capellini pomodoro (thin spaghetti with a light red sauce), and arugula salad.  How did I forget to take a picture of my entree?  Probably because it looked so good, I just dug in as soon as it arrived.  It was so good!  My hubby had the Chicken Milanese (large fried chicken breast), which came with an arugula parmesan salad, roasted potatoes, and a lemon butter.  What a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment