Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Banquet Part 2

Today was a busy day!  As soon as 3rd service at church started, we headed over to our event center to prepare for the Valentine's Banquet-which meant cooking.  The menu was cornish game hen, salad, green beans, roasted potatoes, dinner rolls, and brownies.  My hubby sure knows what he is doing to catering events like these-he did an amazing job!  How I neglected to take a picture of the food is beyond me-way too busy I guess!


I was able to get a few pictures from the banquet itself, though.  Here are the tables all set up before the guests arrived...
...and here is the stage. 
Here, guests have started to arrive, and the lighting had been adjusted.
One of our students does amazing puppetry, and so he did a neat performance.
The chorale group Anthem sang...
...as did other vocalists.
Our students served as waiters, hosts, nursery workers, and kitchen help.  Our adult volunteers decorated, set up, organized, and cleaned up after the event.  Everything we heard from the guests was very positive-it sounds like everyone had a great time, although I was exhausted by the end of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment