Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Croutons

The other day my husband made some homemade rolls and a loaf of bread.  I ate way too many rolls in one setting.  They were so good-nothing beats homemade bread!  However, we left it sitting out on the counter over night; we both forgot to put it away, so it got dried out in the night.  I was trying to figure out what to do with all the dried bread-I have a hard time "wasting" something that is so good.  Then I remembered seeing a crouton recipe on the Pioneer Woman blog that I read, and figured that would be a great way to use the bread.


It was super simple, too!  I just cubed the bread and put it on a baking sheet.  Then I heated some olive oil and infused 2 crushed cloves of garlic into the oil for a few minutes, got rid of the garlic, and poured the oil over the bread.  I baked it at around 200 degrees for 30 minutes, and then my hubby turned the oven up to 350 to prepare the oven for a recipe he was making, so they finished pretty quickly after that.




He added some grated parmesan to the warm croutons to give them a little something extra.  They are fantastic!  I will definitely remember this recipe for future use in the event I leave bread out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment