Monday, February 13, 2012

Five Hour Energy

I woke up this morning exhausted.  After such a busy day with the Valentine's Banquet yesterday, I had a hard time "shutting down" last night-if you know me, you know this almost never happens to me.  I am normally the type that falls asleep the second my head hits the pillow-and I usually wake to the sound of my alarm, as well.  I woke up with a bit of a sore throat that hasn't gone away (I sure hope I am not getting the junk that is going around, but this is the first symptom people seem to be getting), and just wished I could stay in bed.  But wishing was all I could do.


I don't normally drink coffee or soda anymore-it hurts my stomach, but I knew I needed caffeine, or something to help me get through my day.  My hubby had mentioned Five Hour Energy to me a couple weeks ago, and I had researched it at that time-mostly the B vitamins, caffeine equivalent to one cup of coffee, taurine, ginseng.  Nothing that makes your heart race-I can't stand that jittery feeling.  And as a bonus-only 4 calories!  This morning, a co-worker suggested it to me again, and gave me one of hers.  It was orange flavored.  It wasn't nasty-but it was strong, and had a vitamin-y taste to it.  I downed it in 2 swings, and followed it with a little water because it had such a strong orange flavor.
I have to say-I am now a believer!  I was fully expecting a crash five hours later, but it never happened.  I don't ever want to get to the point where I depend on it, but for occasional days like this one, it will sure do the trick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment