Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Thing About An Afternoon Run...

I can admit it.  There are mornings when I would rather sleep-particularly those when it is rainy.  When my alarm went off this morning at 5:00 to signify time for a run, I heard the rain, and I felt the pain in my right foot, and that was all I needed to convince myself to skip my run.  But when I got up this morning and weighed myself (up .2 pounds from yesterday), I determined that after church I would have to go for my run-no skipping allowed.

So as soon as we got home, I got ready for my run.
The thing about an afternoon run is this:
1. I don't like it when it is clearly naptime and I am headed to work out.
2. I care more about my running clothes matching at 4 PM than at 5 AM, which means it takes longer to get ready.
3. When I run about an hour after pigging out on barbecue it makes me want to vomit (but thankfully, that didn't happen).
4. When I have been filling up on tea and water before a run it gives me cramps (and not to mention I can't wait to finish so I can get to the little girl's room).
5. Despite my previous claims that I run better in the mornings because that is when I have more energy, I actually had a decent time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment