Saturday, September 1, 2012

4 Miles

I have tried running on and off ever since high school.  There were times when, for 9 month straight, I was faithful to run every other day for about 30 minutes.  But 30 minutes was (and always has been) my limit.  In an effort to get my pace down to a lower number, and prepare for a 5K, I have decided that once a week I should do a "long run".  I realize that this might mean different things to different people.  But for me-last week it meant I ran 5 kilometers (3.2 miles).  This week I decided to step it up another notch-I was going to add another half mile to last weeks long run.  But when I was almost home, I decided that I was so close to 4 miles, it would be a shame to stop running before I hit that milestone.  Yep-4 miles.  Apparently I am capable of more than I thought I was.  What I have done is simply raised the bar to what I thought my achievements could/should be.  (As for my running pace-the intervals and tempo run have been helping!)

I was here about 3/4 through my run:
Yuck!  Here I am after my run-attempting to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment