Friday, September 21, 2012

Pork Chops and Sauteed Squash and Zucchini

While the hubby is away, I have to get to am going to cook meals for a few days.  I pulled some pork chops out of the freezer, because we seem to have an over-abundance of them at this time.  A co-worker told me that she puts pork chops with cream of mushroom soup in the crockpot and serves it with either rice or mashed potatoes.  I wanted a quicker version, so I found this recipe online, and tweaked it to fit my needs.  I browned the pork chops in just a little bit of oil, with some salt and pepper, hoping that would hurry the process some, and give them a nice golden color.  I happened to be out of cream of mushroom, so I figured cream of chicken would work just fine.  I also topped it all with some paprika for some more color (and a little flavor) before popping it in the oven.

For sides I made some chicken flavored rice (from a packet), and I saw some squash and zucchini that needed to be cooked before it went bad, so I found a recipe to saute it up really quickly.  It was tasty and flavorful (I actually followed the recipe pretty closely other than I chopped rather than sliced the veggies), although it was a bit greasy for my preference.  If I had had more time I would have made squash casserole like they have at Cotton Patch.  Oh, well.  This worked!

Pardon my poor photography skills, and the way I placed everything so sloppily on my plate!
Here are the recipes (as copied and pasted from the links above):

OVEN-BAKED PORK CHOPS
Printed from COOKS.COM

Pork chops, as many as desired
Cream of chicken mushroom or cream of celery soup (about 1 can to 4 pork chops)
1/2 can milk
Put pork chops in casserole, then spread soup and milk over pork chops. Turn oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. Soup will make its own gravy (cover casserole).

Sauteed Squash and Zucchini

Recipe courtesy Barbara Baldovin
Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
0 min
Cook Time:
10 min
Level:
0
Serves:

Ingredients

4 to 5 zucchini 
4 to 5 yellow crookneck squash 
2 tablespoons olive oil 
2 tablespoons finely chopped onions 
Salt 
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Slice zucchini and squash very 
thin. Heat olive oil and saute onion until tender. Add zucchini and squash. Toss until 
tender and crisp. Add salt and pepper. Serve immediately (if it sits to long it will 
become mushy).

Directions

The recipes for this program, which were 
provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been 
tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to 
the accuracy of any of the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment