Sunday, September 2, 2012

Health Camp

Before you think this is a post about healthy anything, let me quickly direct you to the humor the owner of this burger joint has.  We have seen the billboard for Health Camp many times in Waco (just below the name of the restaurant it more correctly advertises "Burgers & Shakes"), and have been intrigued, but never stopped in.  Today when trying to decide where to eat, and not wanting the same old fast food, we stopped in; it was easy to get to-located right off the interstate at the infamous Waco traffic circle.

Despite it being 2:00 in the afternoon, the parking lot was full, and there was a line inside.  While we weren't particularly fond of waiting to get in, it is always a good sign that people are willing to wait to eat their food.  It was a basic menu of mostly burgers and few other entrees.  The "Super Health Burger" was a double meat-double cheeseburger.  I ordered a cheeseburger with fries and a drink.  My hubby order the bacon cheeseburger with onion rings and a drink.  I didn't check out Health Camp's website until after we ate; if I had I probably would have ordered a shake-apparently they are more tasty than the burgers.

Here is what we got:

It was very typical of an old burger diner-very greasy, but good.  We ordered our burgers all the way-they came with lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, and mustard.  Tasty, but I am not sure that I would rank as the "best".

No comments:

Post a Comment