Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Da Bears!

One day last week my boss told me he had 2 extra tickets to the Cowboys/Bears game, and asked if my hubby and I wanted to join his group.  Let me tell you, that was a no-brainer!  While I don't understand football, I absolutely love attending games like this-the crowd is just electrifying and I also enjoy trying whatever food they have to offer.

My hubby is a Redskins fan, so naturally, with the Cowboys and Skins being bitter rivals, he cheers for whoever is playing the Cowboys.  And since I have no clue about football, I root for whoever he is rooting for by default.

Here was the view of the field from our seats at yesterday's game.
One of the things I love about going to sporting events is the food.  I chose ultimate nachos for dinner.  And while I usually skip the jalapenos, I was feeling a little daring tonight.
My hubby got the 16 burger.  This picture doesn't do it justice; it was the largest burger I have ever seen.  I did help him with it, and I must say it was pretty tasty!
Yep-Monday night!
And the weather was beautiful so the roof was open.
The opening ceremony is always neat to watch.
But one of the best parts of the game-the people watching! We saw lots of people with these Bears hats.
I did watch some of the game, but I really had no idea what was going on.  I just cheered whenever the Bears fan cheered.
And back to more people watching.  The guy in the Bears hat kept playing his cowbell, and the Cowboys fan kept making rude gestures at him.  Thankfully, it appeared like playful fun.
Here is the group we sat with.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, the Dallas Cowgirls changed into pink uniforms and did the half-time show in pink.
Then there were 500 breast cancer survivors that entered the field and held these giant pink ribbons.  I have never seen anything quite like it before.
More people watching-the guy on the right is not wearing a shirt-he just painted himself blue. He is what I call a serious football fan. Right after I took this picture, a touchdown was scored. The fans in the hallway went crazy-cheering and screaming loudly.  It was almost deafening, so I assumed it was a Cowboys goal-but I was wrong-it was the Bears.  I was amazed by just how many Bears fans were there.  It was certainly not this way when I attended the Redskins/Cowboys game last year.
Another Bears fan-who brought with him a real bearskin.
By the time the 4th quarter came around, the Dallas fans were all leaving. I guess they were disappointed with what appeared to be a loss.  This Bears fan was telling them all "Bye!" as they exited the stadium. Other Bears fans were singing the "Goodbye" song.
Here is the cow bell guy again.  He had a lot of fun tonight. We watched him pose with tons of people for pictures.
Lots of Bears fans dancing and cheering...



My boss and his wife...
This lady had on a Dallas shirt and a Bears hat. Confused?
Look how empty the stadium was!  I'm telling you, the Dallas fans were leaving by the droves.
But the Bears fans stayed until the end, and cheered all the way out of the stadium.

I saved the best picture for last...me and my hubby waiting for the game to start.  It was a great night-one that won't be forgotten any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment