Monday, July 30, 2012

Mustangs of Las Colinas

Since I had taken part of the day off work to drop off my hubby at the airport, and since we were in the area already, I wanted to take the boys to see the Mustangs of Las Colinas.  I had heard about them for several years-a little larger than life-size statues of wild mustangs running through a stream-but never took the time to visit them.  A few years back I had visited Pioneer Plaza in downtown Dallas-what seemed like endless cattle (statues) crossing a stream, and going over a hill-and that was simply amazing.  I was awaiting the same amount of "awe" Pioneer Plaza produced.


Unfortunately, the "awe" never showed up.  It was more of a, "That's it?" followed by a "I paid $2.50 for parking for this?"  It was neat, just not what I was expecting.  After that we went inside to see the museum-but it was closed since today was a Monday.  Bummer!


Fortunately, the whole experience was redeemed by the fact that we could at least pick up a nearby letterbox.  And, we did get some neat pictures.  I'm glad I visited since I have wanted to see them for so long, but it is certainly not something that I need to experience again.








No comments:

Post a Comment