Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

My hubby is sick.  Very sick.  I can't remember the last time I have seen him like this, in fact.  Poor thing!  I figured I should make him some chicken noodle soup to make him feel better.  I found a recipe on pinterest from the Get Crocked blog.  It sounded average enough-same basic ingredients-chicken, broth, noodles, carrots, and celery.  I started off by prepping everything and dumping it into the crockpot.  My changes (come on-you know I always change recipes-you were expecting this!):  2 extra cloves of garlic and some fresh cilantro (which I kept whole and fished out when I get rid of the bay leaf).  I also turned the crockpot up to high so it would be finished in 3-4 hours instead of 8.


The verdict:  Wonderful flavor!  I think I have found the exact ingredient list for my next pot of chicken noodle soup.  However, I will either follow the 8 hour instructions, or make it on the stove.  The difficulty was this:  the carrots were too crunchy to eat (not a problem for the rest of my family since they always fish out the carrots), and the noodles were mushy.  Yuck!  I can't stand mushy noodles.  At least the flavor was great!




Here's hoping he feels better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment