Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tamales

After last night's dinner disaster, I thought I would post tonight's dinner-just so everyone out there in internet-land can know that my family does get some good meals from me!  We had tamales (which came from Costco), and I made a sour cream-cheese to cover them in.  II didn't tell my kids there was sour cream in the sauce, because otherwise I probably would have been told they didn't like it.  I told them it was queso, and they loved it.
I found the recipe at cooks.com.  It was super-simple!  Here you go if you are interested:


SOUR CREAM SAUCE:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. chicken broth
1 pkg. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 c. sour cream
Melt butter, add flour, bring to boil, add broth and boil until thickened, add cheese until melted. Remove from stove and add sour cream until combined.
Pour sauce over rolled enchiladas and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment