Monday, August 27, 2012

Dinner Disaster

Last week I bought a box of red beans and rice to keep in the cabinet for a day when I needed to cook something, but didn't want to spend much time or effort on dinner.  Since my hubby had to work late tonight, it seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I made a quick batch of cornbread, and noticed the fresh okra in the fridge, so I figured I could fry some of that up, too.  Dinner became a disaster.  The cornbread was great.  I got the oil too hot for the okra and burned the first batch; the second batch just wasn't enough.  I decided I didn't need to measure the water for the red beans and rice-I would just eyeball it.  That decision made me end up with soup.  I am definitely going for something easier tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment