Monday, August 6, 2012

Road Trip!

This is a week we have been planning for quite some time-it is National Fine Arts week.  Our church had 2 groups that made it to nationals this year-puppetry group, and piano solo.  I love a good road trip, and have been looking forward to this one for a while.  Nationals are in Louisville, Kentucky, which is about a 14 hour drive.  Here we all are:


Our first meal together was before we even got out of Texas-Dairy Queen-this slowed us down a while!


We finally made it to the Arkansas border...
...and then it sprinkled rain briefly, and we got to see a rainbow.
There were also some neat crosses along the highway.
Next state:  Tennessee.  I had potentially planned to stop in Memphis to get a hotel, but I wasn't the least bit tired, so we kept going.  I figured we would stop in Jackson or Nashville, but I still wasn't tired, which I couldn't believe, so we kept on going...
...all the way to Kentucky

I was happy to have arrived in just 14 and a half hours without needing rest.  We are ready for an exciting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment