Thursday, December 1, 2011

Homemade Chips and Ultimate Dip

My hubby called me today and said he would be running a little late getting home, so I figured I should make dinner with the ground beef we had taken out to thaw.  I was trying to come up with something quick and simple, and I remembered some Mexican Dip that I had made a few months ago.


As soon as I got home, I turned on the fryer, and sliced some white corn tortillas into sixths.  When the temperature was right (around 350), I just threw the tortillas in to fry, and waited.  After the oil had done its magic, I pulled out the chips out, added salt, and they were ready to go.  Homemade tortilla chips are so good-so much better than buying a bag at the store-and so simple to make!  Here they are frying away:


While they were frying, the dip came together really nicely.  I fried up about a pound of ground beef with an onion and salt and pepper.  When that was done, I drained the meat, then added a can of cream of mushroom, a can of drained rotel, and a can of drained pintos.  Last time I made this I didn't drain the rotel or pintos, and thought it was too liquid-y.  This time it seemed too dry...maybe next time I'll only drain the pintos.  I cooked this up about 5 minutes, pulled it off the heat, and added shredded cheese.   It made a great topping/dip for my chips.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment