Friday, December 23, 2011

Time Out

Christmas is such a wonderful time!  Not only do we get the opportunity to celebrate the birth of our Saviour, but in celebration people decorate for the season.  I love to see all the decorations and Christmas lights-it is gorgeous!  This year I have been particularly enamored by various the Christmas trees I have spotted all around the metroplex.


Yet, in the midst of all the decorating, Christmas parties to attend, and the shopping, it seems like at some point every December I just need a time out.  I tend to be an introvert, and draw my strength from my alone time, and the busy-ness of the season doesn't allow much time for that.  Late last week I finally had had a little too much stimulation, and I quit everything I didn't have to do-facebook, checking my email, and yes, even blogging, which explains where I have been.  It was a wonderful break, but I am glad to be back to the virtual world that is the internet!  I took an hour this morning to catch up on reading some blogs, but still have lots of emails to read.  Good thing I have a six day vacation from work to assist me this!

No comments:

Post a Comment