Friday, December 23, 2011

Monster Cookies Part 1

I've been wanting to make Monster cookies for a while.  I remember making and eating them as a kid-it was a HUGE batch of cookies that had tons of stir-ins:  m&m's, chocolate chips, and peanuts.  I finally googled the recipe this week so I could buy all the ingredients.


I made the small batch-which is still big-it calls for 3 eggs!  This recipe has oatmeal and peanut butter, too, so it is a really thick batter.  I stirred as much as I could in the Kitchenaid mixer, but when it sounded like the motor was struggling, I quit, and started using hand power.  I actually broke a wooden spoon on this!  Anyhow-I decided to add the stir-ins that I wanted, so I used mini m&m's, reese's pieces, chopped walnuts, milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.  I'm putting it in the fridge so I'll be able to bake them in the morning.  I can't wait!
Here is the recipe I found online:

MONSTER COOKIES - SMALL BATCH
1 stick butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. soda
1 3/4 c. flour
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
3 c. quick oatmeal
1/4 lb. chocolate chips
1/4 lb. M & M's (plain)
Mix in bowl in order given. Drop by large tablespoon or ice cream scoop and flatten. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not over bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment