Saturday, December 24, 2011

Monster Cookies Part 2

Yesterday I mixed up some Monster Cookie batter, and put it in the fridge so I could bake it later.  This morning I pulled it out and let it sit on the counter for a couple hours to get back to room temperature-mostly so that it would be easier to stir since it is already such a thick, crumbly batter.  I added a small amount of oil and milk since it was so crumbly.  I believe I must have added too much oatmeal-maybe next time I'll only use 2 1/2 cups instead of 3.


Anyhow, once it got to room temperature, I mixed in the oil and milk, and rolled the dough into about 1 inch balls.  These cookies don't expand too much, so they can be placed relatively close on the cookie sheets.  I baked them for 12 minutes, and they came out nicely.  Again, still a little crumbly-now very convinced I should go down to less oatmeal next time, but very tasty.  I think next time I may also use crunchy peanut butter rather than creamy, and possibly some pecans as well.  This batch made about 70 or 80 cookies.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment