Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vittles

SPOILER ALERT
I had a small amount of free time today, so I decided to look for a letterbox series called "Texas State Symbols:  Vittles Series".  This particular series was planted back in 2007, but I haven't been able to view the clue until recently because the planter had restrictions on the box that I just recently was able to qualify for.  According to the find statuses, out of the series of 3, I was only expecting to find maybe one of the boxes-but it hadn't even been found in over a year and a half.

The first letterbox of the series was called "Chuck Wagon".  In order to find it, I had to go over the bridge...
...decide which path didn't look tiresome and difficult...
...go through a rugged canyon with sandy cliffs...
...and turn at the watering hole...
...up a steep slope...
..and rest at a bench...
...only to look over my shoulder and spot a cedar tree and oak tree standing together...
This is where the Chuck Wagon would have been hiding, but unfortunately it had gone missing.

Next I looked for the Chili and Cast Iron Dutch Oven.  I headed back the way I came, and came upon a fence with a 3 trunk tree behind it.  The clue referenced a wooden fence with a plank missing.  That fence had been replaced with a metal fence, but the tree was still there...
...and behind the tree was a hole, which happened to be covered in leaves...
...I don't like snakes and spiders, and such, so I put on my gloves to pull the leaves out and retreive the box...
...but unfortunately, the leaves were not cocealing a box.

I started out for the 3rd box, the Jalapeno, by passing a bench...
...and then locating the fallen tree...
...but unfortunately, it too was missing.  My trip was not a total loss, though.  Right after this point, I came to an overlook with a great view.  Even in Texas, the trees are starting to change colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment