Saturday, October 29, 2011

Race Day!

Today was the Matam Project 5K.  I had been preparing for it, and then stopped when my eczema got out of hand.  About the time I recovered from that, allergies hit, which kept me out of training even more.  About that time I recovered from my allergies, I had a friend that was attacked in her apartment parking lot.  This made me feel like running at 4:30 in the morning was not safe, and so I just quit training.  I probably should join a gym, but haven't yet.  My point is-I was in no way ready to run a 5K, but I wanted to support this cause, so I still attended, but walked the event.  I didn't even check to see what my official time was, but it took a little less than an hour.  Oh, and it was 37 degrees this morning! 

Here are some pictures from the event:
The boys and me with a friend before the race
 30 seconds before the start
My youngest taking off at the lead of the pack (courtesy of Amy Farley).

My youngest won 3rd place in his category.  His time was 29:51.
 Here we are about to cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment