Saturday, October 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies and more

I have been wanting to make peanut butter cookies for a few weeks, and my hubby has been requesting  more Spiced Apple Cookies that I had made about a month ago.  I decided my best bet was to make both!  I didn't change the recipe up at all for the Spiced Apple Cookies-although my hubby said it tasted like I used a pinch less nutmeg than last time.  I'm making a note of that to make sure I put a little more in next time.

I had found a recipe for Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies a few weeks ago at everydayhomecook.com.  I have an affinity for soft cookies, and when I look for cookie recipes, the softer looking in the picture, the better.  This recipe fit the bill-it had "soft" in the name of the cookie, and the pictures made them look soft, as well.  We actually had all the ingredients on hand for these cookies, and believe it or not, I followed the recipe to a T.  They turned out great!  I am adding this recipe to my list to make again whenever the mood strikes for peanut butter cookies.  Here is the recipe, copied from the link above. (One note-the blog itself said to have all ingredients room temperature when mixing the cookie dough, but that tip was not listed in the recipe itself.)


Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
From your Everyday Home Cook

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Beat together butter and peanut butter until well combined.  Add sugars and beat until fluffy.  Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.  Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix just until blended.  Roll balls of dough in white sugar before placing on an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.  Do not over bake.  Let cookies cool on baking sheet for at least 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment